Terms & Conditions higgins 2016-12-21T22:42:11+00:00
Terms & Conditions
- Deposit – deposit is non-refundable and non transferable.
- Customer assumes full responsibility for all rented items, including their safe and proper use, operation, maintenance, and return to Higgins Event Rentals.
- Damage waiver – damage waiver provides protection for the client against accidental breakage/damages to rental equipment while under their care, custody and control. Willful abuse, negligence, theft, or missing items are not covered by the waiver and will be the total responsibility of the client. Unreturned items will be billed at replacement value. (note: damage waiver does not apply to lounge furniture – any/all damages to lounge goods will be the responsibility of the client).
- This rental contract forms the sole agreement between the customer and Higgins Event Rentals. The customer agrees to indemnify and hold Higgins Event Rentals harmless for any claims from customers use or misuse, including any third parties for loss, injury, and damage to persons or property arising out of the customer’s negligence or operation including legal costs incurred in defense of such claims.
- Operators should read any/all warnings and instructions (safety instructions) that may be provided.
- Retaking of equipment: if customer fails to return all returned items upon agreed time, customer agrees to pay for all additional charges. If customer refuses to return rented items, the customer agrees that Higgins Event Rentals and its agents may take all reasonable actions necessary to recover rented items without prior notice or legal process.
- Customer acknowledges the possibility of injury and will provide adult supervision at all times according to the laws appropriate to the Province of Ontario.
- Attorney fees: customer agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees and court costs incurred by Higgins Rent-All ltd. in enforcing these terms and conditions.
- Higgins Event Rentals makes no warranties of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose, or any warranties, express or implied.
- A 50% restocking fee will apply to orders cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice of scheduled receipt